My thoughts on living with adult children.
1. At some level, adult children are still running the “child-parent relationship software”.
2. At least at some moments, they still believe me to be in a “parent-child” mode, even if I am not.
3. As much as I try to be equanimous, I still expect at least at moments, my imprecise judgement manifests in my actions and languages in ways that is obvious to my adult children.
4. To live together in harmony requires equanimity and mindfulness from both parent and children. I think this is no different than any close relationships.
5. Due to these difficulties, many decide against living together and move apart once circumstances permits.
6. Living together with adult children offers plenty of rewarding opportunity to learn the lessons of equanimity and mindfulness.
7. The fruit of equanimity and mindfulness is the ability to engage the full spectrum of vivid experiences life has to offer. I feel these experiences can enrich the lives of seniors living in sterile comfort of our contemporary retirement arrangements.
8. Every path is good; each moment depends on being in the moment and being aware of sufficient perspectives to appreciate the moment and respond to the moment.
Knowing it is happiness.
Feeling it is joy.
Being is bliss.
Knowing and feeling are both optional; enough to simply be bliss.
I think the only reason for knowing and feeling is to develop the languages needed to help others who are seeking their own path.
Thats an incentive spirometer. It’s meant to encourage patients bedridden to fill the lungs fully with air periodically to prevent atelect...
My mother and father immigrated from Taiwan to Canada with their 4 children. Mom worked as housekeeper; my father worked as a janitor. They ...
I injured my left knee for the third time few years ago. At the time I lacked a clear awareness or perspectives of why I exercise and over ...
When I carry the mega delusion of immortality, I am helplessly tossed between cravings and fears. I think participation in the end of life ...
Whether I am in my office or in the emergency department, patient motivated by their sufferings, makes great efforts to present with honesty...
Only in 1999, OxyContin was marketed with slogan "The One to Start With and the One to Stay with". This foreshadowed the unfortu...
Imagine a world where everyone exercised the right to vote for wellness at every meal by eating a healthy meal and making sure their family ...
Only in 1999, OxyContin was marketed with slogan "The One to Start With and the One to Stay With". This foreshadowed the unfortun...
Remission of type 2 diabetes is a practical diet for primary care. He jumped out of his chair and said “take my picture!” My patient came...
A non-addictive approach to insomnia created by one of my student. BODY SCAN FOR SLEEP Begin by bringing your attention into your body,...
4 C’s of addiction Craving leads to Compulsion acted out of Control without regard for Consequences. Cravings arise from imprecision...