It is with gratitude for your trust in me as your physician that I share the following personal perspectives with you.
I have come to the realization that almost all chronic physical conditions (Infections, Inflammations, Intestinal conditions, Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension, High cholesterol, Heart attacks, Strokes, Kidney failures, Arthritis, Neurological conditions, Eye conditions, Memory loss, etc. ) and chronic mental conditions (childhood attention deficit disorders, behaviour disorders, eating disorders, anxiety, depression, etc.) can be managed if not prevented by a set of Basic Wellness Messages if understood and practiced.
I am of the opinion that pain, suffering and sickness are all way in which my body informs me when my mind is inattentive to the Basic Wellness Messages.
If you experience pain, suffering or sickness please come and see me. I will do my best to help you understand the cause of your conditions, how your immediate problem should be managed and how the Basic Wellness Message may not only assist with your immediate problem but also prevent a very very large host of preventable problems waiting to afflict you in the years to come. If you are taking medications and remain unclear as to why or not familiar with the Basic Wellness Messages or are having trouble making them part of your lifestyle for any reason please come to attend any or all of my Wellness Classes. You are welcome to bring anyone you think might also be interested to learn. Invitation below:
Group Medical Appointments: An Innovative Approach to Chronic Disease Care-Delivery
“Mental health and physical health are fundamentally linked. People living with a serious mental illness are at higher risk of experiencing a wide range of chronic physical conditions. Conversely, people living with chronic physical health conditions experience depression and anxiety at twice the rate of the general population”. — Canadian Mental Health Association
According to Health Canada:
- Approximately four in five Canadian adults have at least one modifiable risk factor for chronic disease (self-reported tobacco smoking, physical inactivity, unhealthy eating and harmful use of alcohol)
- Physical inactivity, sedentary behaviours and obesity rates remain high, especially among children and youth
- More than 90% of Canadian children are not meeting current physical activity guidelines in Canada
- Canada ranks amongst the worst of OECD countries for adult obesity rates
Wellness, Mindfulness training and stress reduction Groups at AJAX HARWOOD CLINICAnapana meditation: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00AM- 9:00AM
Healthy Lifestyle: Tuesdays 10:00AM - 11:30PM
Stress Reduction: Tuesdays 1:00PM - 2:30PM
“Getting Unstuck”: Tuesdays 3:00PM - 4:30PM
Cost: All groups are free or covered by OHIP.Registration: please come 30 min earlier to complete registration if you are attending for the first time.
Address: 88 Harwood Avenue South, Ajax, Ontario, L1S2H6
- Eat Well PlateA healthy diet includes at least 400 grams of vegetables and fruit per day, excluding potatoes, sweet potatoes, cassava and other starchy roots. (WHO)
No more than 2 fruits per day to reduces risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Mindfulness-based Wellness Program
We promote Mindfulness and Meditation as a part of Canada’s Mental-Health Strategy
Post a Comment